Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mothers day Quotes - Mothers day Greetings

This Mothers Day 2008, I wont be able to visit my parents. So I have to send all my gifts from here. Among all other mothers day gift ideas, I know I will be sending cards, for sure. And that made me wonder what to write on the cards. That would add some personal touch - it can be a mothers day poem or mothers day quote. While researching on mothers day quotes, these are the lovely mother's day quotes that I found. They are mostly famous people's admiration for their own mother,
  • "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."~ Abraham Lincoln
  • "The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."~ Henry Ward Beeche
  • "Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws."~ Barbara Kingsolver
  • "The mother, more than any other, affects the moral and spiritual part of the children's character. She is their constant companion and teacher in formative years. The child is ever imitating and assimilating the mother's nature. It is only in after life that men gaze backward and behold how a mother's hand and heart of love molded their young lives and shaped their destiny."~ E.W. Caswell
  • "There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a dove and brave as a lioness... The memory of my mother and her teachings were, after all, the only capital I had to start life with, and on that capital I have made my way."~ Andrew Jackson
  • "It seems to me that my mother was the most splendid woman I ever knew... I have met a lot of people knocking around the world since, but I have never met a more thoroughly refined woman than my mother. If I have amounted to anything, it will be due to her."~ Charles Chaplin
  • "In all my efforts to learn to read, my mother shared fully my ambition and sympathized with me and aided me in every way she could. If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother."~ Booker T. Washington
  • "I cannot tell you how much I owe to the solemn word of my good mother."~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."~ George Washington
Here are some mothers day cards that I thought would be great to send my mother. Send them to your mother, I am sure it would bring smiles on her face.





Send This Mothers Day greetings
More Mothers Day Comments






Send This Mothers Day greetings
More Mothers Day Comments

Labels:

 
posted by Jenni at 11:17 PM, | Bookmark This Post:
                           

2 Comments:

Mother's day is ahead & I'm going to shop at USA Florist for some flowers for it.
Nice blog, i mean nice e-cards, what a lovely e-cards you have, Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I also have Mother's day blog, May it will be informative for you:

Happy Mothers DayHAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ! !

Keep up the great work!!!!